How to Get Your Ass Kicked in The South
1) Don't order filet mignon or pasta primavera at Waffle House. It's just a diner.
They serve breakfast 24 hours a day. Let them cook something they know. If you
confuse them, they'll kick your ass.
2) Don't laugh at our Southern names. (Merleen, Bodie, Ovine, Luther Ray,
Tammy Lynn, Darla Beth, Inez, Billy Joe, Sissy, etc.) These people have all
been known to kick ass.
3) Don't order a bottle of pop or a can of soda down here. Down here it's called
Coke. Nobody gives a flying damn whether it's Pepsi, RC, Dr. Pepper, 7-Up, or
whatever - it's still a Coke. Accept it. Doing otherwise can lead to an ass kicking.
4) We know our heritage. Most of us are more literate than you (e.g., Welty, Williams,
Faulkner). We are also better educated and generally a lot nicer. Don't refer to us
as a bunch of hillbillies, or we'll kick your ass.
5) We have plenty of business sense (e.g., Turner Broadcasting, MCI WorldCom,
MTV, Netscape). Naturally, we do, sometimes, have small lapses in judgment
(e.g., Carter, Edwards, Duke, Barnes). We don't care if you think we are dumb.
We can still kick your ass.
6) Don't laugh at our Civil War monuments. If Lee had listened to Longstreet and
flanked Meade at Gettysburg instead of sending Pickett up the middle, you'd be
paying taxes to Richmond instead of Washington. If you visit Stone Mountain and
complain about the carving, we'll kick your ass.
7) We are fully aware of how high the humidity is, so shut the hell up, spend your
money, and get the hell out of here - or we'll kick your ass.
8) Don't order wheat toast at Cracker Barrel. Everyone will instantly know that you're
from Ohio. Eat your biscuits like God intended. Don't put sugar on your grits,
or we'll kick your ass.
9) Don't fake a Southern accent. This will incite a riot, and you will get your ass kicked.
10) Don't talk about how much better things are at home because we don't give a
damn. Many of us have visited hell holes like Detroit, Chicago, L.A., and D.C., and we
have the scars to prove it. If you don't like it here, Delta is ready when you are. Take
your ass home before it gets kicked.
11) Yes, we know how to speak proper English. We talk this way because we don't
want to sound like you. We don't care if you don't understand what we are saying.
All other Southerners understand what we are saying, and that's all that matters.
Now, go away, or we'll kick your ass.
12) Don't complain that the South is dirty and polluted. None of OUR lakes have
caught fire like scenic Lake Erie once did. Whine about OUR scenic beauty, and
we'll kick your ass all the way back into Boston Harbor.
13) Don't ridicule our Southern manners. We say "sir" and "ma'am," hold doors
open for others, and offer our seats to old folks because such things are expected
of civilized people. Behave yourselves around our sweet little gray-haired grandmothers
or they'll kick some manners into your ass just like they did ours.
14) So you think we're quaint or we're losers because most of us live in the countryside?
That's because we have enough sense to not live in smelly, crime-infested cesspools
like New York or L.A. Make fun of our fresh air, and we'll kick your ass.
15) Last, but not least, DO NOT DARE to come down here trying to tell us how to cook
barbecue. This will get your ass shot off (right after it is kicked). You're lucky we let you
come down here at all. Question our sacred BBQ, and you go home in a pine box -
minus your ass.
Y'all have a nice day!